We set high standards for equipping people who have developmental disabilities to learn, grow, lead, and serve. We encourage our participants to aim high at:
Our holistic approach to learning includes:
— Maria, Alex’s mother
— Beth, Joseph’s mom
Day Program Registration Process
How it Works:
STEP 1: Submit an Inquiry
- If you are interested in becoming part of the Able to Serve family you can submit an inquiry using the contact form on the website or by calling the Able to Serve office. While we value the work of agencies and caseworkers who assist families with program placements, these inquiries must be completed by the parent or legal guardian of the potential participant.
STEP 2: Take a Parent/Guardian Tour
- When space and resources are available to ensure the success of your son or daughter, you will receive a call to set up a parent tour. During the tour, you will receive a packet with more information about the program and program fees. Please note that this initial tour is a chance for you as the parent or legal guardian to learn more about the program and ensure it is a good fit for your family. We look forward to meeting your son or daughter in the potential participant visit that will be scheduled after the parent tour.
STEP 3: Complete a pre-application questionnaire
- Within one week, you will be contacted by one of the Able to Serve staff members to complete a pre-application questionnaire either by phone or online. This questionnaire allows us to learn more about the needs of your son or daughter and determine if the program can accommodate those needs.
STEP 4: Come for a Visit
- On the day of the visit the potential participant will spend the entire day at Able to Serve.
- To ensure the success of your son or daughter, we ask that at least one parent or legal guardian be present for this entire visit.
- Your son or daughter will have the opportunity to meet other participants, staff, and volunteers.
- He or she may be assigned to one group or to multiple groups throughout the day.
- Please arrive by 8:45 a.m. and make plans to stay until 3:00 p.m.
- Please bring lunch to enjoy at Able to Serve. Microwaves are available for food preparation.
STEP 5: Complete the Registration Process
- You will receive a follow-up call within one week after your visit. If Able to Serve is a good fit for your son or daughter, you will be asked to complete the registration packet and set a start date.