We set high standards for equipping adults who have developmental disabilities to learn, grow, lead, and serve. We encourage our participants to aim high at:
Our holistic approach to learning includes:
We utilize the N2Y special education curriculum which allows us to improve teacher satisfaction and participant outcomes.
Why N2Y curriculum?
We share N2Y’s belief that “everyone can learn, and every participant has the right to reach their full potential.” N2Y provides us with a structured environment that promotes lifelong learning and continuing education. N2Y is the nation’s #1 solution for special education and the first—and only—comprehensive solution. The complete special education solution prepares participants for the ultimate test: succeeding in life.
N2Y empowers achievement and enriches participants’ lives with differentiated, standards-based academic and life skills lessons, integrated behavior management and intervention, engaging educational games, relevant symbol communication tools, enriching current events content, and a powerful, collaborative system for personalized learning.
- Award-winning instructional resources
- Research-based differentiated instruction delivered with a scaffolding approach
- The nation’s leading special education solution
- Personalizes every participant’s journey toward meaningful independence
- Addresses the needs of the whole participant
Our program focuses on individualized educational instruction, social experiences, and community service projects. Thanks to generous donors like you, families are only responsible for 40%, and donations generate the remaining 60% of the overall program cost. Included in our program cost:
Thanks to generous donors, we are able to offer the program to families at a cost of $525 per month.
Our program focuses on individualized educational instruction, social experiences, and community service projects. Our program fees cover:
— Maria, Alex’s mother
— Beth, Joseph’s mom
Day Program Registration Process
How it Works:
STEP 1: Submit an Inquiry
- If you are interested in becoming part of the Able to Serve family you can submit an inquiry using the contact form on the website or by calling the Able to Serve office. While we value the work of agencies and caseworkers who assist families with program placements, these inquiries must be completed by the parent or legal guardian of the potential participant.
STEP 2: Take a Parent/Guardian Tour
- When space and resources are available to ensure the success of your son or daughter, you will receive a call to set up a parent tour. During the tour, you will receive a packet with more information about the program and program fees. Please note that this initial tour is a chance for you as the parent or legal guardian to learn more about the program and ensure it is a good fit for your family. We look forward to meeting your son or daughter in the potential participant visit that will be scheduled after the parent tour.
STEP 3: Complete a pre-application questionnaire
- Within one week, you will be contacted by one of the Able to Serve staff members to complete a pre-application questionnaire either by phone or online. This questionnaire allows us to learn more about the needs of your son or daughter and determine if the program can accommodate those needs.
STEP 4: Come for Visits
- On the day of the visit the potential participant will spend the entire day at Able to Serve.
- To ensure the success of your son or daughter, we ask that at least one parent or legal guardian be present for this entire first visit and on the second visit, the potential participant will visit on their own.
- Your son or daughter will have the opportunity to meet other participants, staff, and volunteers.
- He or she may be assigned to one group or to multiple groups throughout the day.
- Please arrive by 8:45 a.m. and make plans to stay until 3:00 p.m.
- Please bring lunch to enjoy at Able to Serve. Microwaves are available for food preparation.
STEP 5: Complete the Registration Process
- You will receive a follow-up call within one week after your visit. If Able to Serve is a good fit for your son or daughter, you will be asked to complete the registration packet and set a start date.